Say one thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I'd like to see is our petsmart at least ask the people buying fish what tank size they have and what fish they have.. encourage them to consider what they're buying. You can walk in and buy 4 bala sharks, 4 tetras and a couple of oscars "because they look cool" for your friend's 10G tank and they won't say a thing..

All I'd like to see is our petsmart at least ask the people buying fish what tank size they have and what fish they have.. encourage them to consider what they're buying. You can walk in and buy 4 bala sharks, 4 tetras and a couple of oscars "because they look cool" for your friend's 10G tank and they won't say a thing..
i do that all the time (ask what people have) if for no other reason, then i like to hear what other people keep.

but i have been able to stear people twords better choices... like i had one guy this weekend want to by a school of neon for his angle fish tank. i told him that neon are a natural food sourse for angels in the wild. he ended up switching to a school of sepia tetra.

you always get someone who thinks they know more then the "petco guy" ans still wants the blood parrot after you tell them they will get to big for their 10 gallon, and will kill all their other fish. so i have been forced to sell them one, but i tried. some time stupid people have to learn the hard way.:confused:

Yeah, I mean at the same time it's frustrating when some places make me feel as though I'm defending the research I've done. Or when I receive conflicting advice from two different people working at the same place, very frustrating!

Back
Top Bottom