scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
Soo one of my fish dies the other day... Now I noticed that one of my other one is acting is weird....the scary thing is I that noticed little swirly things in the water...like living things.. I don't know what it is.....is that parasites????? I attached a photo of the fish that passed.....

Attachments

• image-3379379250.jpg
    image-3379379250.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 133
Id say yes. Take fish out, put in new, clean, good temp water. Put all deco in sink rince with hydrogen peroxide, then super hot water. Super clean all gravel try to maintain tank parameters. The bacteria you need must stay wet, so be careful with that. Just basically change out all water, clean deco, put it all back in hopw for the best. Then frequent pwc.s and take out and quarnteen any effected fish immidiatly

What color are the swirly things... any pics could help. Fish may have died from over feeding, and the resulting swirly things would be planaria, a flatworm, which is harmless.

What are your water parameters (ammo, nitrIte, nitrAte, pH)? The things swimming could be anything including harmless Planaria. We should start with the water levels if possible.

And re reading, that's prolly just it. I was thinking (for some reason ) they were little red worms, but if there white ones. Just feed less food, and check your water parememters, and do some 25% changes every day...that's prolly it actually. No need to clean out everything just yet

Hmm, that it could just be from overfeeding. You can make flatworm traps in your tank pretty easily to get em all out.

Google Planaria and see if it looks similar. If that's what it is, it's not responsible for your fish (sorry about your fish btw :( ), and we'll have to look for other causes. How long has their tank been set up?

Back
Top Bottom