Scarlet Badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfmastin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
These tiny fish are amazing. Their small size makes the aquarium seem just huge! They're also difficult to photograph, he, he. Unfortunately they seem to be finicky eaters. The first meal of the day is always some frozen daphnia and I'm pretty sure they're eating it. Any thoughts on Scarlet Badis care? Thanks in advance!
59417303.jpg

I have some of these and they are finicky eaters, preferring live food. I have found that if you have a powerhead at one end of the tank, which I use a very small one as mine are in a 15 gal. they will take frozen rather well as the food is moving in the water as if its alive. Mine are taking frozen daphena, blood worms and brine shrimp.

Hey thanks! I'm trying frozen daphnia now. I'll look into live food though!

I have some of these and they are finicky eaters, preferring live food. I have found that if you have a powerhead at one end of the tank, which I use a very small one as mine are in a 15 gal. they will take frozen rather well as the food is moving in the water as if its alive. Mine are taking frozen daphena, blood worms and brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom