Scarlet badis/Dario anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical Aquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all I got 3 of these awesome fish, and have them in a thickly planted 20gal long tank. I believe they are all males.

How many males and females should/can I get? I also have 4 panda cories...(and various other upper level fish)

Also what about feeding? I've heard not to feed only bloodworms as they're pretty fatty, is this true?

Thanks guys!

Scarlet badis IMO need a species only tank. They are VERY shy and will undoubtedly get outcompeted for food

Caleb

I have to disagree, after having them in my tank for a week now, they are not shy at all, and explore all levels of the tank(supposed to be bottom level only...)

Feeding is a bit of a challenge, I have to target feed them with a turkey baster....

I have to disagree, after having them in my tank for a week now, they are not shy at all, and explore all levels of the tank(supposed to be bottom level only...)

Feeding is a bit of a challenge, I have to target feed them with a turkey baster....

That's was my point, it's not that they can't work in a community tank it's you have to directly feed them.

Caleb

Scarlet badis IMO need a species only tank. They are VERY shy and will undoubtedly get outcompeted for food

Caleb

Sort of.. if they're in a properly set up tank than they'll hunt and eat as they please.. there reclusive once they establish territory but they do come out and wander.

They could still be getting settled. A week is hardly a mile stone. Mine take frozen baby brine shrimp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah feeding is a bit challenging, but it's fun and I have the time to do it...

So you think they will become more reclusive after a while?

Back
Top Bottom