Scavenger Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was thinking about getting some sort of scavenger fish for my 55g tank, but everything in it is really small, so it would have to fit in with them (see profile). Any good suggestions?

I agree, cories are a great addition to a community tank with small fish. Yoyo loaches might be okay but I don't know if they would harass the frogs or not.

Bryan

Essayons89 said:
Yoyo loaches might be okay but I don't know if they would harass the frogs or not.

Actually could be the other way around but they won't get hurt. The frogs will strike at nearly anything that's moving and next to them.

Sounds like corys might be the way to go. And everyone is sure they will be okay with the frogs?

I have peppered cories and ADFs together. The frogs do strike at them once in awhile but no one gets hurt or any pieces of fins taken off, the cories just swim away.

Rok said:
Actually could be the other way around but they won't get hurt. The frogs will strike at nearly anything that's moving and next to them.

Hey Rok thanks for the info. I never realized that ADFs were that aggressive.

Thanks,
Bryan

Essayons89 said:
Rok said:

Hey Rok thanks for the info. I never realized that ADFs were that aggressive.

Thanks,
Bryan

They are not aggressive at all, just hungry and have bad eyesight. :) I say "strike" because that's what it looks like they do when they eat their food. ADF's can be kept with nearly any fish (that won't bother or eat them, or tiny fry that can fit in their little mouths).

I'm sure that the frogs + corys will be fine together, we had them in the same tank at a pet store I used to work at and we never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom