Scheduled power outage. please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qozux

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just found out this morning that my power is scheduled to go out for 2 hours in a week. I have a 10G with 2 Glo Danios, 3 Glo tetras, 3 corys, and 4 ghost shrimp, plus 3 plants. I'm not worried at all about heat for these 2 hours because my area is warm and my heater rarely runs anyways.
My main concern is that I won't be home when my power does go out to make sure everything is working properly.
What can I do to protect my fish?

btw, I'm running a whisper 10 and a penguin 100 for my filtration right now. Don't have an air pump, but willing to buy what I need.

You could run home at lunch time just to make sure everything has come back on as it should. Two hours isn't going to cause any issues.

2 hours is nothing most fish are in the bag longer than that when you bring them home

If you are that worried buy a battery air pump and turn it on before you go to work

If it will make you feels better buy a battery powered filter. There is one brand that you plug in qnd it turns on automatically when the power goes off. I live in New England, so I bought then for each aquarium for the winter, since our power goes out. As I bonus, I got peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom