Schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erin Sarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
What would be a good schooling fish. I have a 250L tank with two angelfish, bristle nose pleco, balloon molly, another Molly and a dwarf gouramis. I want fish that will swim together but still look good

Do you know how many US gallons that is?? But I think if that tank is more than 50 US gallons Rainbowfish would be great because they are larger than smaller fish like tetras that could get eaten by your Angels. Also maybe some Silver Dollars or a big school of Cory Cats for the bottom.

It's 66 gallons.

I have rainbowfish and they don't school, although they are gorgeous.

I would suggest something like a large school of rummynose tetras or serpae tetras, if you're looking to add some color to your tank.

I was thinking something like some Pearl Gouramis what does everyone think

Well they aren't schooling fish but I think they would be fine with what you have.

hmm.. scissor tail rasboras. zebra danios??

I was going to recommend serpea tetras but I'm really not sure if they would nip at your angels.

Gouramis are generally not schooling fish.. As far as i'm aware.

In a tank your size if your looking at larger schooling fish, Denison barbs come to mind... Peaceful, colorful, graceful looking fish. They can grow up to 6 inches, but it would take a few years to reach their full potential. Juveniles are usually sold at about 2 inches and can keep a small school of three to start... They can be a bit pricey, but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom