Schooling Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the responses!!!! I'm now looking more into skirt, bloodfin, buenos aires, and bleeding heart tetras. Anyone with experience with these? Still may just go with neon tetras.
Of all these fish listed, the only ones I would try to keep a school of in a 10 gal would be the bloodfins. Bleeding hearts are way too big and BA Tetras got their nickname "BA" Tetras because they are Bad A*S aggressive fish. Black tets are borderline IMO but on the wrong side of the border (again, IMO ) leaving the bloodfins, which tend to be less aggressive by nature. Just not good with frilly fish so your Guppies might have issues? The smaller Tetras and Rasboras previously mentioned are less likely to have an aggressive nature.
(y)

Of all these fish listed, the only ones I would try to keep a school of in a 10 gal would be the bloodfins. Bleeding hearts are way too big and BA Tetras got their nickname "BA" Tetras because they are Bad A*S aggressive fish. Black tets are borderline IMO but on the wrong side of the border (again, IMO ) leaving the bloodfins, which tend to be less aggressive by nature. Just not good with frilly fish so your Guppies might have issues? The smaller Tetras and Rasboras previously mentioned are less likely to have an aggressive nature.
(y)
Ha okay that's good to know. I thank I am leaning towards either neons or Von Rio Flame Tetras. Have you ever kept the flames?

Ha okay that's good to know. I thank I am leaning towards either neons or Von Rio Flame Tetras. Have you ever kept the flames?
;) Besides a hobbyist, I was a tropical fish breeder/ wholesaler/ importer as well. I have kept them all. ;);) lol
Von Rios will be a little more active than the Neons but I think Neons, under the right lighting, make nicer looking fish. Just my opinion of course. :brows: (y)

Cardinal tetras are great fish for a 10 Gal, I have them in there with my dwarf gourami and they school fine. Beautiful and hardy fish.

Back
Top Bottom