Schooling fish for 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have cory cats guppy dwarf gourami mystery snap and fancy guppy I want some schooling fish.. No neons or tetras can't be too expensive ... I want zebra danio but I think my temp requirements for others is to high for danio ... Any ideas

Try whitecloud tetras. I just picked up 8 from my LFS for $2 a piece.

I don't really want tetra ... I want a tight fish school ... So you think zebra danio can handle temp of 80-82?

I kinda want something smaller guess I should juststay where I'm at ...

Micro rasbora's might be a fun chase and even a snack for a DG but something like Purple or Regular Harliquen Rasbora's would be a good fit and the right size.

Also White Clouds are White Cloud Mountain Minnows, not tetra's, and they prefer cool temps. Warm temps shorten the lifespan of them except the Longfin WCMM's are okay to keep in slightly warmer temps.

My dwarf gourami won't even attack guppy fry lol

I have 30 Chili Rasbora's (Boraras briggitae) in my 55g nano fish tank and many are only about 3/8" long. With nano fish you have to cover all filter intakes and any powerheads you use as they very easily get sucked up the filters. Nano fish also can be very shy with larger fish and can very easily be outcompeted for food. Plus they have to be given super tiny food or they can't eat it. They are great in a specialty tank or an all nano fish tank but not for a general community.

Back
Top Bottom