Schooling fish fresh or salt - it applies to both

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

idol1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Let me first start with public and private aquariums. Even they have to replenish there stock of schooling fish. This is due to the natural pecking order. Lowman on the totempole dies. It is progressive keeps going next in line. Breeders of schooling fish know this. That's why they always have a certain no of fry for them selves coming up to replace the breeders they will lose. In the home aquarium its always more noticeable since you know how many you bought. then you notice one has disappeared. Don't get up set this is natures selective process and there is nothing you can do. Schooling fish should be in schools that's how they survive and feel safe in the wild. People forget you select the fish that you buy. The fish you buy deserve the closest environment you can design for them. here is a easy way buy 25 neons wait one year see how many you have left. If you buy a fish that schools either you buy one, or more than 3.Two always ends in a fight. There is always a pecking order in a school. The lg. aquariums know this so should you. You cant change nature. Please research the fish you want to buy. Water requirements, compatability,what kind of set up aquascape, tempature rage,filtration,lighting. LIve plants or artificial. Have a plan and have fun.

I must admit I find going to the largest school I can keep track of and count seems to work well here (decent tank though).

Back
Top Bottom