Schooling/Schoaling Tank Mates for Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeyerushalmi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Struggling to find a hardy, colorful schooling or schoaling fish for my 56 gallon angelfish tank with a higher PH. I've tried Serpae Tetra but they seemed boring. Tiger barbs were a complete fail, as I thought they would be. Currently have a few cherry barbs on the tank but they blend into background.

Any suggestions?

Cardinal tetras were the first thing that came to mind, however im not sure how they would do in a "higher" pH setting. Slow acclimation and theyd probably be fine.
Lemon tetras may also be a really good choice for your tank again just watch them and the pH.

Our Boeseman's rainbow fish looked super gray when we bought them but now they look gold green red and blue - all on the same fish
We have ours in with an angel

I think my angels might make a meal of cardinal tetras. I unfortunately have never seen lemon tetras at my local fish stores.

I already have 2 rainbows in my tank as well. Beautiful coloration! Definitely a favorite.

I decided on Odessa Barbs. They are supposed to be more amiable and are colored beautifully. Hoping they leave my angels alone.

I think my angels might make a meal of cardinal tetras. I unfortunately have never seen lemon tetras at my local fish stores.

I already have 2 rainbows in my tank as well. Beautiful coloration! Definitely a favorite.

I decided on Odessa Barbs. They are supposed to be more amiable and are colored beautifully. Hoping they leave my angels alone.

They're little nut balls, they'll compete with the angels during feedings just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would they? Angels do high 70's. Mine are at 81 getting huge. White clouds do like.. low 70's???

Hey that's your tank I've kept them with normal tropical fish numerous times. Not a single loss.

Hey that's your tank I've kept them with normal tropical fish numerous times. Not a single loss.

Numerous times? Sounds like you've been at this a very long time or are replacing a lot of fish?

Hell no.. Jump from the food source?!?!? Splashers... ruin your lighting after the first frozen bloodworms hit the water..

It's amazing how many times this happened to me when i had Tiger Barbs......

Back
Top Bottom