Sea-monkeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a sea-monkey kit at toys-r-us and yesterday I put eggs in they havn't hatched yet (the water is going up and down between 69-72) and when I put the eggs in I started to wonder are sea monkeys fresh, brackish, or saltwater and this morning I knowtist some green algae looking stuff here and there could algae be in the tank after it being up for only two days.

I had sea monkeys for three years. Kinda fun to watch. The are genetically engineered shrimp. I believe they started out as brine shrimp but have been modified so much they are their own species now. I found a website in Australia that sells their own brand of sea monkey shrimp and has a whole group of companions you can keep with them. I thought about setting up a a nano tank with all of them. Would make a great desk tank.

We bought some a while ago. However, only two sea monkeys ever hatched and it took around nine days for any action at all, so you may have to be more patient than the brochure and some of the youtube videos lead you to believe.
I am not certain if it was after only two days but we did notice the tank seemed to get algae/cloudy quite quickly.
Our story doesn't have a happy ending for the little guys. In our case, kiddo decided to put them in with our live breeders. The mollies were very happy to be served such fresh hors d'eouvres...

I don't think so but,. again, I'd say google it. There are sites just like this one devoted to the topic of sea monkeys. People do have full aquariums of them. We may also get an aficianado or two reply here. Who knows. Our foray into this world was brief and ended abruptly...

Back
Top Bottom