Seachem fluorite washing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Finally after 3 weeks, I have 2 bags of red fluorite turn up! About 14 kilograms all up. Bit lighter red than I was expecting compared to API laterite clay but oh well.

Wondering how long it will need washing for?

When I had it, this stuff was dusty as could be.... 2 hours and still a dark pool of water in the rinsing bucket.

I'd lay it in the tank and cap it. That's what worked for me and kept its dust and stuff at a minimum.

Caleb

Yikes, this is going to be bigger than I thought. Any tips for getting it into an established tank?

Substrate at the moment is gravel and some clay mixed in.

Yikes, this is going to be bigger than I thought. Any tips for getting it into an established tank?

Substrate at the moment is gravel and some clay mixed in.

Ouch... What about that bottle method people use to gently put substrate in with little clouding?

Caleb

Ouch... What about that bottle method people use to gently put substrate in with little clouding?

Caleb

+1 it's going to be messy, maybe give it a rinse first. I put profiler sponges on to catch floating particles. After 24 hrs remove with a sandwich baggie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Many thanks for the tips! I'd never heard of this before at all (sadly not allowed many tanks) so that sounds a very handy idea. Will see about setting up a tank thread to record how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom