Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-21-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Question seachem paraguard reviews

I red good things about Seachem Paraguard reviews. It said it can be used whenever new fish are introduced to a community tank. Need to remove carbon filter? If yes, that's my main filter, what do I use instead for the time being?Have a Marineland Pengin 350B "BioWheel"
What are your opinions?
Anybody who used or is using it?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Look It Up

I don't know how well it works but I wouldn't use it unless you are treating for a specific disease. If you're wary of adding new fish to a tank you should just quarantine them for at least 2 weeks for observation and then treat them if they show signs before putting them into the main tank.

librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you must use it then here is an easy way that will also save you money.

The Penguins have a lot of space for media. Take out the filter cartridge and cut a slit at the bottom. Shake out all the carbon and put the cartridge back in. Done. Now, when it comes time to change your filter cartridge (which you should not be doing unless it's falling apart) you can just rip off the floss from the plastic frame and attach a cut piece of bulk floss with rubber bands or something. Now you don't have to buy the expensive cartridges any more.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl
I don't know how well it works but I wouldn't use it unless you are treating for a specific disease. If you're wary of adding new fish to a tank you should just quarantine them for at least 2 weeks for observation and then treat them if they show signs before putting them into the main tank.
Thanks.
I already have a QT tank that I set up about 48 hrs ago.
I wish I new that a few weeks ago when I got my Apisto Agassizi pair, which I lost :-(
Old 01-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blert
If you must use it then here is an easy way that will also save you money.

The Penguins have a lot of space for media. Take out the filter cartridge and cut a slit at the bottom. Shake out all the carbon and put the cartridge back in. Done. Now, when it comes time to change your filter cartridge (which you should not be doing unless it's falling apart) you can just rip off the floss from the plastic frame and attach a cut piece of bulk floss with rubber bands or something. Now you don't have to buy the expensive cartridges any more.
Thanks a lot, will do

Tags
seachem

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com