Seachem Stability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fred

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm on here last night, reading and learning as always :) and I come across a thread about bacteria additives. Long story short it was about stability. I have always added a few capfuls everytime I do a pwc ( for 2 years now). I know this may sound dumb after I've been doing this for 2 years but I never knew it was a bacteria additive. My friend, who uses it as well, told me it was like aspirin for the fish and helps to de stress after a cleaning and such. He told me to use it when he helped me set up and cycle my tank. It doesn't say it's a bacteria additive on the bottle and I've never looked it up (until last night). Anyways someone on here told me it unnecessary to use, just use prime (which I do). I just want to make sure this won't affect my fish because I have been using it routinely? Any thoughts? Thank you in advance !!!

It will not affect your fish. It's likely it wasn't really doing anything in the first place after a certain point. I think they only tell you to dose it for 7 days. Don't worry, your fish won't mind!

Reactions: HN1
Me three. It won't harm anything, but it's probably not helping anything either. Just an added expense IMO.

Alright then, it wasn't that much of expense because it lasts for so long, but let's face it now I can put thy money towards my 125g dream tank :D

I can't imagine that there is much, if any, bacteria alive in those bottles once we buy them off the shelves. The liquid in the bottles looks very clear when I looked in the bottle I bought, and considering how small a dose they suggest you use, I can't imagine there would be much bacteria in just a capfull of the stuff.

I've been buying some new product at my LFS that they get shipped in large quantities and sell in the same size bottles as other products. They'll even refill the bottle when you bring it back in, and it doesn't look like a bottle of water when I look inside it. Also, the recommended dosage on the product is an ounce, and I'd believe there would be more bacteria in an ounce of a product that actually looks like it has something in it than a capful of a product that looks like tap water.

I'll have to post the product name when I can get a look at it at home.

Yea but like I said I never used it to add bacteria. I was told to think of it as aspirin for fish. By putting it in the tank after a pwc it helps to soothe the fish. Thanks though :). I have 2 tanks and both are cycled. Next time I cycle a tank I will use my filter media and gravel that I have and just skip the stability all together. Prolly just dump what I have and be done with it. Trial and error this hobby, it helps if you actually read up on stuff on your own rather than just take peoples opinions too ;).

Reactions: HN1
Back
Top Bottom