Seachem Stability and Water Cloudiness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I never used it before. But bought it today after reading good things about it. Wife did a large water change on her tank. Added some plants. Added Prime as usal and for the first time we added Stability but water is now cloudy. Is it because of Stability? Did you guys have or had cloudy water with Stability? She is making me responsible for it [emoji46] please help.

Second question is that, is Stability increases TDS significantly or if the difference is minimal? I actually bought it for my shrimp tank.

Hello kas...

Cloudy water can be a lot of things, from the bottom material not being rinsed enough to a build up of bacteria from feeding the fish or the plants too much. Has this tank been through the nitrogen cycle?

B

Hello kas...

Cloudy water can be a lot of things, from the bottom material not being rinsed enough to a build up of bacteria from feeding the fish or the plants too much. Has this tank been through the nitrogen cycle?

B
Its an established tank. 2.5 years old but planted some new plants yesterday and did a water change. Maybe she did something wrong but what i want to know is if stability cause water cloudiness?

Did you use tap water?
Yes tap water as usual and added prime and stability together

Something strange too. One driftwood having lush Christmas moss was placed in tank last night and today morning all the moss is dead turned like balck and rotten. I think maybe the bucket she used had something maybe previously was used soap in it or i don't know for sure but in one night moss is destroyed is very strange. Other plants are fine though.

Back
Top Bottom