Seachem Stability failed, can i now add Tetra Safe Start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wspanic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, i should have done a fishless cycle but i am new to this. Started a 40 gallon tank 12 days ago with Seachem Stabilty and 5 yellow lab cichlids. Followed instructions for 8 days. Ammonia has always been between 0.25 and 0.5. I have seen Nitrites a few times 0.25-0.5, but mostly it is zero. I have seen Nitrates several times but not since last Friday where they were 40, i did a 30% WC and they have been 0 ever since. The tank has also been cloudy for well over a week. I have also been using Prime to detox.

Should i try giving Tetras Safe Start a shot?

I had the same results with seachem. I would just continue your fish in cycle as is. Do your daily testing and water changes. It's the safest and easiest on your fish

Like API quick start

I've never used that one so it may work. When I cycles my old 55g I used seachem stability and it failed with the same readings. I then decided to continue my fish in cycle with the daily testing and water changes and was glad that I did and saved stress on my fish.

so is there any negative or adverse effect by now adding Safe Start? should i do a WC first? Water if very cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom