Second Try at Nano Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. I give. What about defining pico?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In the sw world at least, picos are 5g and under nanos are 5-30g

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you everyone for your help. I've change my stock list to 10 CPD, 10 ember tetras, 8 or 10 Corydoras habrosus and 1 Betta imbellis. Now if I'm still over stocked please let me know because I try to base most of my fish stocking off of aqadvisor (which probably isn't the best but it's a starting place) so that I can get at least an idea of my stock. As for filtration i'm running a MARINELAND® Penguin 200B Power Filter.

You may want to buy some frozen foods such as blood worms or brine shrimp etc because I always have had trouble getting nanos to accept flake or pellets etc. Hikari is the brand you should go with if you go that route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you everyone for your help. I've change my stock list to 10 CPD, 10 ember tetras, 8 or 10 Corydoras habrosus and 1 Betta imbellis. Now if I'm still over stocked please let me know because I try to base most of my fish stocking off of aqadvisor (which probably isn't the best but it's a starting place) so that I can get at least an idea of my stock. As for filtration i'm running a MARINELAND® Penguin 200B Power Filter.

That sounds great! I'm a big fan of wild type bettas, make sure you post pics!

Ember tetras are considered nano fish. The males get 1/2 inch and the females about 7/8 inch. And I have to say I have a Male ABN pleco with my neons and embers and he does look like a whale in comparison. He doesn't bother them at all . Alison

That's not bad, though CDPs do best when they're the only fish in that particular area of the water column. If it were me, I'd do either 20 CPDs and the Corys or a mix of small tetra species (like maybe 10 Embers and 10 Neons) and the Corys.

AqAdvisor routinely gets trashed here by people who over-stock their tanks and compensate for it with frequent large water changes. But if you don't have a good "feel" for stocking yet and are looking at doing one weekly water change, it's a useful tool.

I have myself a pretty under-stocked 20 nano, with 8 CPDs and 3 pygmaeus and 1 peppered Cory leading the school. But the peppered is still a baby and is only about 2-2.5 inches long

Sent via echolocation

Back
Top Bottom