Selling one of my set ups, what should I ask?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need to downsize and get rid of one of my tanks. I'd like to sell my 44 gallon pentagon (corner) mbuna tank, but would like your thoughts on how much it might fetch based on this description and the pictures I have in my photo album before I put it up on CL.
  • 44 gallon pentagon corner tank with stand, glass top and lighted canopy
  • 16 mbuna cichlids:
    • 6 saulosi ciclhids
    • 4 juvenile saulosi
    • 1 yellow lab
    • 1 bumblebee cichlid
    • 1 EB johanni
    • 1RT zebra
    • 1RT hongi
    • 1 female auratus
  • 60 lbs of rock (40lbs south florida limestone, 10 lbs texas limestone, 10lbs of river rock)
  • 4" of reef coral sand
  • 200w heater
  • hydor koralia nano powerhead
  • rio 800+ venturi powerhead
  • hob protein skimmer (not currently attached)
  • marineland C360 canister filter:
    • 1 liter matrix bio media
    • 100 ml seachem purigen
    • 2 units chemipure elite
    • 500ml matrix carbon
  • 18w daylight T8 & 15w actinic blue T8 lighting
  • Food, buffers, lake salts, algae scrubbers, veggie clip included.
Has everything you need to keep this Mbuna tank and its inhabitants healthy and beautiful. Also includes everything you need to set up a saltwater tank (fish only or fish + live rock) just hook up the skimmer, add some live rock rubble or a couple of pieces of live rock, and change the water & inhabitants.

So....what do you all think I can get for this? Tallahassee is a college town, and the best time to sell is usually in the fall when students come back/move into a new place and want to get a set up, but I can put it up for sale now and wait it out.

Well I'm hoping to get $300 for everything together. I don't know how feasible that is. What do you think?

Well I don't know haha.. I bought a 20 gallon starter kit for 63 (new)... Just telling u so u may be able to figure it out for how much u want to sell it....

I'm not pricing based on the size of the tank. 20, 29, 55 gallon tanks are very common. A 44 pentagon, with fitted glass top, while not a custom tank, is close to. It is a rare size & shape, which can fetch a premium from people who are looking for a corner aquarium. I don't know how it stacks up price-wise vs. corner round tanks however.

Also, the filter is a $140 filter, new and is not even 6 months old, add the custom media into the filter and there is plenty of value in that. Once you add in the livestock and rocks I'm thinking $300 is a reasonable price to expect.

I would like to know if I'm over-shooting here.

Well u re right... It is hard to find those.. That's why it got my attention... Hehe but I really don't know... I was just curious about the price cuz it seems to be such an attractive tank... Can't lie hehehehe ...

Honestly, I think you could sell it for $350 or even $400 with the right guy wanting to buy it.

$300 is not an outrageous asking price. It seems that you have more than this invested in it. If I was closer, I'm in Nebraska, I'd come take a look.

Back
Top Bottom