Semi-Agressive 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm slowly going to get my 20gallon back up and running, and I think I want a semi-agressive setup.

The only appropriate fish that come to my mind are Tiger Barbs, in a group of no more than 10.

Am I missing anything? Anything else out there I can safely house in a 20 gallon?

Tiger barbs

You are pretty limited because of the tiger barbs so I think that you would be better off doing an only tiger barb species tank... There are a fe different colors of tiger barbs that you can choose from and you could get a few of each. goog luck!:)

I wouldn't do Cory's with the Tigers tried that once in a 20 the Cory's had fins missing all the time. I would do a species only tank. I have even had the Tiger barbs harass a BN Pleco to death to so the armor doesn't help all the time.

But I would definitely go for the Tigers besides that they are a awesome fish super colorful and active just really really really nippy.

So Tigers it is? Or are there any other appropriate semi-agressives?
I know this isn't the section, but would a small cichlid?

So Tigers it is? Or are there any other appropriate semi-agressives?
I know this isn't the section, but would a small cichlid?

Nope, not with nippy tiger barbs. If your tank was much bigger, then a tough cichlid could work. But your 20g is on the small side. I miss my aggressive barb tank. They were like a pack of wolves.

Convicts hold there own with them and if u have a pair they will do more than hold there own

Convicts hold there own with them and if u have a pair they will do more than hold there own

This is very true but convicts get to big for a 20g
Do 9 tiger barbs

3 tiger barbs
3 green tiger barbs
3 albino tiger barbs

This would give you a good variation

IMO if you have a 20 long you could do just a convict cichlid pair and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom