Senegal Bichir(curvier, dragonfish) with an Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sum22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about what I might put in the 48 gallon I might get. I was thinking I'd go with 2-3 larger fish. I was thinking an angelfish, a bichir, and maybe a cichlid.

Thoughts?

An angelfish is a cichlid. I imagine the bichir and the angel will be ok. As long as the angel is no bite size to start.

They both would be smaller at the start. I'd get the bichir and then get an appropriate sized angel to go along.

I should have been more specific regarding the cichlid since the angels are in the same family. I was thinking maybe an electric yellow or one of the peacock varieties to go along with the other two.

A angel and a Lake Cichlid would not be a good mix. The Africans are far too aggresive for the angel. Why not 2 - 3 angels or maybe a severum or some convicts or jewels. Lots of choices.

Cool, thanks for the ideas rich. I'm just in the planning stage until I actually get the tank, but it is nice to do research ahead of time.

Africans are fin nippers so they wouldn't work with a bichir.

Back
Top Bottom