Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Serious Dwarf Gourami Aggression against my Molly

My dwarf gourami is showing a lot of aggression against my silver molly. In my whole tank with guppies, platies and neon tetras, he only viciously chases my silver molly and goes around the tank looking around for my poor scared and newly introduced molly, what should I do now to stop this?

Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I heard the best thing to do is to seperate them if possible, move the dwarf out for a few days. This will give the molly a break, and let him establish some area. When the dwarf comes back he will be the new kid on the block.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

K, but now there is another problem, my molly is bullying my platies. My platies did nothing bad to my mollies and are the most peaceful fish in the tank, but the mollies gives my pair some bad nips to the face, what do I do now with my molly, it looks soo nice.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

What size is your tank? Do you only have one dwarf gourami? I have 2 dwarf gourami's and they like to chase after one another, but they leave the other fish in my tank alone. Maybe your gourami needs a mate. What about your mollies, how many of those do you have?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
Couldn't you just put the platies with the dwarf gourami? What did you do to seperate him anyway?
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

K, my dwarf gourami is now getting sort of restles from chasing the molly so the molly is alright, but now my new problem is that it now is the mean one and is hurting my two sunset platies. What shoud I do?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
id say the molly has to go somewhere else. if the dwarf gourami quiets down though.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

The dwarf has now quiets but now the mollies is harassing my platies really badly, I think I am going to have to return him tomorrow.

Tags
aggression, dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami, molly, rio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com