Serpea tetras and rainbow fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have decided that I don't want to go with anglefish as my centerpiece fish because I am scared my serpea tetra will nip them up. So I was wondering if anyone has boesemani rainbows and serpea tetras together? I have 6 Serpeas in the tank now. Should I up the school?

I just woke up this morning and turned the light on the tank. I noticed that my like being really aggressive towards each other. They are not messing with anyone else in the tank just themselves

Serpae's will often keep aggression within thier school if there are enough of them but they are still a risk for being nippy to other fish. Rainbowfish might be able to hold their own tho and would probably be a good choice.

I just woke up this morning and turned the light on the tank. I noticed that my like being really aggressive towards each other. They are not messing with anyone else in the tank just themselves

That's somewhat good, unless they are ripping each other apart. I would up the school to 10. I have never kept rainbow fish so I can't help you there, sorry. Is it just the 6 fish in the tank right now? Have you considered a larger catfish for the bottom as an interesting eye catcher as well?

That's somewhat good, unless they are ripping each other apart. I would up the school to 10. I have never kept rainbow fish so I can't help you there, sorry. Is it just the 6 fish in the tank right now? Have you considered a larger catfish for the bottom as an interesting eye catcher as well?

I have the 6 serpeas, 2 harlequin Rasboras (the others died because I put them in a 3 day old tank not knowing about the cycling process) and I have 4 albino corydoras. I al looking to add down the line
8 more harlequin rasboras
2 more serpea tetra
8 rummy nose tetra
2 rainbow fish
1 BN pleco

That's a whole lot of schooling fish occupying the same space of the aquarium. If I were you, I would do one less school and add a rainbow or 2.

Rummynose tetras and harliquen rasboras may or may not work with the serpae's. Alot will depend on if they continue to only nip within their school. Rainbowfish are also schoolers and 6 will do much better than just 2. Personally I wouldn't do the rummynose and just do a school of rainbowfish.

Alright I'll 86 the runny nose and then in the rainbows. And thing else that u guys might suggest?

Here is the tank. But I will add closer pictures as the fish come in

image-2186880946.jpg

That would look good with some driftwood too.

The volcano looking this is a big piece of drift wood but I am looking for a few branches of driftwood that I can have like reaching out across some of the tank.

Here is what I have in there.
image-1911457519.jpg

Back
Top Bottom