Setting up a 20g need opinions on stocking (long)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shady3210

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have a bad case of MTS and need to start up another tank. :twisted:

Curently I have a 25 gal with the following fish:

3 molies(1 male 2 Female)
1 Pearl Gourami
3 Zebra Danios
3 Cherry barbs
2 Black Skirt Tetras
4 Coris
2 Otos

Ok so since I would like to up the schooling fish numbers and change the 25 gal to heavily planted, I have decided to divide up the tank. Going to keep all the fish but the danios they seem to anoy the other fish to much and my gourami let 1 of them know it... so they may be going back to the LFS.

Here are the setups I have been thinking about and some questions to follow:

Setup 1)

25 gal
3 mollies
1 Pear Gourami
6 Cherry barbs
4 Coris

20 gal
1 Angelfish
4 Black Skirt Tetras
2 Otos

Setup 2)

25 gal
1 mollie(male)
1 Pearl Gourami
6 Cherry barbs
4 Black Skirt Tetras
4 Coris

20 Gal
2 Mollies(female)
6 small schooling fish( thinking some Odessa Barbs or maybe some rummynose or cardinal tetras)
3 Zebra Danios( might keep them in this set up)
2 otos

Setup 3)

25 gal
3 mollies
1 Pear Gourami
6 Cherry barbs
4 Coris

20 Gal
2 Rams(m/f pair)
6 Black skirt tetras
2 otos

Questions:

1)The big one is can I keep a single anglefish happily in a 20gal? I like the first setup alot but this is my main concern with it.

2)Also can a pair of rams be kept in a 20g or would I be better off with a single ram and maybe a blue gourami?

Think thats about it comments/criticism are welcomed and let me know if there are any diffrent fish choices you would make.

I would not keep an angel in a 20 gallon tank. A pair of rams would be great in a 20 gallon long.

Hmm I was afraid of that with the angels. What would you say the min tank size for a single would be? 30 Gal? GF really wants an angel so might be able to con her into getting a bigger tank. :)

In general, 10 gallons per angel. They can get nasty with each other and other fish, so give them room. Looks like a new tank is in your future (y)

Back
Top Bottom