setting up a new aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, just a few words of advice. Learn all you can about cycling. There are two ways to go, either fish in, or fishless cycle. I hope you have some idea of what cycling does. If not, your little girl may be very sad when her fish die. Use Prime water conditioner to remove chlorine and chloramines from your tap water. After your tank is cycled which may take a few weeks, then add fish gradually. Also , you will need to teach your child how to feed the fish. If too much food is added and the filter cannot handle the overload of ammonia, you will have a toxic situation very quickly, so make sure you monitor the feeding. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok, just a few words of advice. Learn all you can about cycling. There are two ways to go, either fish in, or fishless cycle. I hope you have some idea of what cycling does. If not, your little girl may be very sad when her fish die. Use Prime water conditioner to remove chlorine and chloramines from your tap water. After your tank is cycled which may take a few weeks, then add fish gradually. Also , you will need to teach your child how to feed the fish. If too much food is added and the filter cannot handle the overload of ammonia, you will have a toxic situation very quickly, so make sure you monitor the feeding. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I added something that had bacteria in it but were letting it sit with everything on for now. I'm gonna test the water when I get a test kit. If its not ok then were doing a fish in cycle. And as the tank sits were teaching her the rules of the tank, I'll be watching her feed for a while, she'll also be helping me with cleanings.

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom