Several Questions? *Urgent*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coming in late here but there are two things... first have you ever tested the tap waters ph? You need to take a cup and fill it with water from the tap. Aerate it for 24 hours by either stirring the water periodically or by using a bubbler on it. After the 24 hours is up and the water has gassed off test it for ph. Then post what your ph reading is.

Second, the reason you may be having ammonia issues is first did you test your tap water for ammonia and if so what is it? Also when ph drops below 6.5 you can start to slow your BB down. If it reaches 6.0 or below your cycle (BB) stops working. Which is when you'll start seeing ammonia rise. Now if your tap water is alot higher than your tank water your going to have to do as suggested above about getting some crushed coral, putting it in a media bag, and either placing it in your filter or hanging the bag directly under the filter outflow. First answer these questions and then we can talk more about crushed coral if need be.

I will need to do that when I come home from my Mom's on Sunday, thank you for the tip! I need to test the tap water for ammonia again, cause I can't remember, or it might be in an earlier post.

Back
Top Bottom