Severum problems!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 gold severums in my 55g tank!! They are always eating and up rooting my live plants!! Is there anything i can do to stop this??

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not really... thats pretty much what the fish do. You could try something with a hardier leaf structure such as an amazon sword and leave it in the pot free floating so they just drag it around... but aside from that theres not a whole lot you can do.

The only thing I know that eats plants faster than severums is silver dollars.

I've heard of people feeding their severums lettuce and cucumbers to kind of distract them from the live plants. It hasn't worked for mine, but may be worth a try. Mine won't eat the Anubias at all, but everything else including my swords are always getting tried out by him.

Also, look into a larger tank. 75 should be the minimum for a pair of severums.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Should i be worried my severums poop looks like this? Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Attachments

• 1421096824986.jpg
    1421096824986.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 52
Should i be worried my severums poop looks like this? Is this normal or is there something wrong?

There may or may not be some issues here. I would suggest a new thread in the unhealthy fish section and follow the sticky (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html) in regards to posting a history. You may get a better/quicker response that way.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Back
Top Bottom