Sevrum breeding every time I remove carbon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TbOnE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been trying to quell a small fungus upheaval in my 135 g tank for a few months with small doses of a fungicide every few weeks. Now this may be a coincidence but for the third time now my female has laid eggs as well as my angles "doin the dance" when I remove my carbon. Now I have 2 canisters runnin my tank. The first is strictly a bio filter and the second is a mix of foam, api activated carbon and api bio zorb. Is it possible I have a bad carbon ratio? The bags combined should filter up to 110 gallons so I assume I was not over-filtering. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know. Almost two months now....can't seem to shake it. It's no on fish, but it's in the tank

Are you doing water changes when you remove the carbon? Water changes especial with temp changes has been knowing to spark fish into breeding.

I do water changes about every 10-15 days depending on nitrate levels...I have only been removing carbon to quell what I identify as a fungal bloom and is evident by a bit of rot

Driftwood has some fluff

Attachments

• 1446247499305.jpg
    1446247499305.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 48
Driftwood has some fluff

That's what I figured, we've all had that stuff, it goes away on it's own. It's no harm, just ugly and siphons off easily, but I'm still on the fence as to whether it is fungal or bacterial, my otos eat it and my shrimp did too, when I had them.

Any change in behavior when it flares up? My fish are acting healthy, but I do see some very minimal signs of rot on my geophagus, which leads me toward some type of fungus since my ph has always been maintained at 7.6 -7.7

Well that makes me breathe a bit easier. Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom