Sexing my GBRs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO they both look female. Both have pink bellies, and from what I can tell, have blue sheens on their black spots.

Looks like one male and one female.
The first pic is the male and the second is the female.

My GBR both have pink bellies and I have one male and one female.

Not sure the names...
But his fin under him has a dark line, he doesn't have any blue spots on the back spot in the middle of him, plus the way his dorsal fin is larger.

Not sure the names...
But his fin under him has a dark line, he doesn't have any blue spots on the back spot in the middle of him, plus the way his dorsal fin is larger.

The one on the left has a very pronounced black line on the pelvic fin, that's why I thought its a female.

With blue rams I have read that females and males look a lot alike. So you have to use more then just "one thing" to determine gender.

Attachments

• sexingRamsfemale.jpg
    sexingRamsfemale.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 72
  • this one.jpg
    this one.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 90
If stressed (sometimes they lose their color when stressed), they may look a lot alike. The males do have somewhat pink bellies, but usually it's covered up by blue. In these pictures below, you can see how the female usually has a more pronounced pink belly than the male.

Pair_of_German_Blue_Rams.jpg

img_2573616_1_5bfb37de2be6703e0098232c5a66c16f.jpg

13576_7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom