shark aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glooey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok my shark has been chasing and nipping my angels fins what should i do to save my angel :?:

What kind of shark, what size tank, and what other fish are in there?

It sounds like the only thing you can likely do is remove the shark to another tank or return him to the LFS. Many "shark" type fish do become mildly aggressive as they mature. In most cases, this type of fish won't lose its aggression by adding more of its kind (generally loners and aggressive to conspecifics) or rearranging the territory in the tank (like you can do with some cichlids).

i have a 20 gal tank with three danios three tetras one angel and the shark i am moving my tank soon so i think i will try re aranging it then if it dosent get better i will return him

well i took him back to the lfs they told me he was ok :roll:

glooey said:
well i took him back to the lfs they told me he was ok :roll:

How is it okay to have a semi-aggressive fish that is going to grow to half a foot OK in a 20 gallon tank with angels? Ask them that.

ya they told my brother he could have 3 in his ten gallon so he bought them and one died and he gave me the second smaller one

Back
Top Bottom