Shark Attack!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheezysquirrelz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had an angel in my tank. He got too big and started eating my neons. I gave him to my neighbors to take care of him. They have these two catfish sharks, they are silvery on top, and those mean sharks try to attach to him and chase him! Is that normal behavior and should he be moved? I have an empty tank and Im probably going to put him there soon.

I would move him ASAP, if only for the stress your fish is going through, especially if the sharks are attaching themselves to him. That means the protective slime coat may be getting damaged and between being chased and trying to produce more of that slime coat, your Angel will become less resistant to disease/infection. Thats just my opinion though.

I would def. move him....the sharks won't get used to him and leave him alone, and like the others said, the stress will weaken his immune system considerably, and angels aren't the most resilient fish anyway.

Those sharks will not only chase the angel but they'll kill and eat it!

Your neighbours do know that those fish are brackish and require marine salt?

I cant save him today. They ppl who have him arent home and I am still in the process of setting up the tank. :( I dont have a filter, heater, gravel, or anything.

WOW! That is weird, my black fin sharks don't act like that. I read that they are really a peaceful fish, just like the bela sharks.

Well I heard that they can adatped to the water. I did read that they are brackish fish and prefer a little salt, but they can do fine in freshwater and they both seem to be doing fine, same with my fire eel.

Back
Top Bottom