Shark Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is also known as the Colombian Shark Fish or Silver Shark Catfish, etc, I wonder if it is good tankmate for Goldfish...are ther chaces it will eat their tails and fins?

Columbian sharks are tropical, they shouldn't be mixed with goldfish. Also I know they will eat smaller fish like neons. I found that out the hard way unfortunately.They also prefer salt in their water and are best kept in a brackish tank. Again another reason not to have them with goldfish. The main thing about them is that they can get to be 12" long and are not suitable for small aquariums. How big an aquarium are you thinking of putting them in? HTH.

It's a 30 gallons tank. I am glad you told me that. I heard from a friend that these could eat the goldfish fins and tails when they grpw up, but I wasn't sure it was true

Zagz said:
Columbian sharks .....They also prefer salt in their water and are best kept in a brackish tank.

More than that, they require increasing salinity as they mature, eventually requiring near full marine conditions.

Back
Top Bottom