Shark in paradise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K so I was curious if anyone had any experience putting an albino rainbow shark with a paradise gourami? I'm thinking about getting one paradise cuz they look awesome but I wanted some knowledge first. Also how would the paradise fair with other gourami?

Depends on the tank size. Rainbows are incredibly territorial so if it's too small the Gourami will be harassed relentlessly I would imagine.

The tank is a 55g. Is there a way to get them used to each other? Or take the rainbow out for a week and let the gourami get territory in the tank and reintroduce the rainbow? The rainbow doesn't bother the other gourami it's with so I was curious if and why he'd bother the paradise.

If you have a passive shark, then you may be able to rearrange the tanks decor when you place them in and they might reestablish their own separate territories. Not guaranteed though, so of you try it keep an eye out for any aggression.

Ya if I do get the paradise and it doesn't work out I always have another tank for him.

Back
Top Bottom