Sharks!!!!! :0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, i was looking for opinions on freshwater sharks. I'm getting a 55 gallon soon and making an atlantis theme. Gonna have ciclids(prob African) for color but wanted like a shark or two In there to. Soooo opinions anyone

Hi everyone, i was looking for opinions on freshwater sharks. I'm getting a 55 gallon soon and making an atlantis theme. Gonna have ciclids(prob African) for color but wanted like a shark or two In there to. Soooo opinions anyone

Avoid Bala/Silver Sharks as they get too big.

Red Tailed Sharks and Rainbow Sharks are your best best but honestly they're both semi-aggressive/territorial towards their own species so in a 55G I'd suggest only one shark.

I'd get a red tail shark. They are almost like mbuna cichlids in the sense that they are highly territorial

I have a rainbow with my Africans and have had no problems whatsoever. They've been together for about 7 months now.

Rainbow sharks tend to be a little more mellow in my experience so in a chiclid tank I think a red tail would probably be better even though both species will work.

Back
Top Bottom