Should i adopt these fish? PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't want to do a daily water change unless it's really small you'll be taking away from your BB that your trying to grow try to find some refrigerated bacteria from a pet store or something it works super good if you need to get fish in pretty quickly

Actually very few of the BB are in the water column itself. They're mainly in the gravel, on the decor, in the filter etc.

Honestly that would be you best bet but when you get it upand running post pictures we would live to see how it turns out

This might be an obvious question, but since your friend has the fish now, doesn't he have a filter that you can take media from to quickly cycle your tank?

randy86 said:
Honestly that would be you best bet but when you get it upand running post pictures we would live to see how it turns out

Ok
I will definitely post pictures

Slade said:
This might be an obvious question, but since your friend has the fish now, doesn't he have a filter that you can take media from to quickly cycle your tank?

I have that.
But I don't need it any more as he said he would wait

Last edited by a moderator:
do you have a tank that is already cycled because if you do you can simply put some of the old tank's media and put in into the new tanks filter and you have a cycled aquarium. If it is not cycled you lfs should be able to provide you with cycled media for your tank so you can instantly cycle it. Some lfs do charge for thier used media though all the ones in my area are just in for my money.

calfishguy said:
do you have a tank that is already cycled because if you do you can simply put some of the old tank's media and put in into the new tanks filter and you have a cycled aquarium. If it is not cycled you lfs should be able to provide you with cycled media for your tank so you can instantly cycle it. Some lfs do charge for thier used media though all the ones in my area are just in for my money.

Thanks
Yeah I do but don't need to do that now as he said he will wait for mine to be cycled

Mumma.of.two said:
You friends tank. Is his tank cycled? If it is, take his filter and put it on your new tank next to your new filter. That will make your tank cycled.

Yes I think it is.
Thanks but I don't need to as I already have a cycled tank

fishyperson3010 said:
Yes I think it is.
Thanks but I don't need to as I already have a cycled tank

So the friends tank is cycled but he (?) is going to wait 4-8 weeks for you to cycle yours to make it safe for his fish?
I don't understand why you don't just take the fish and his filter to your 47g (?) and have it instantly cycled .... :confused:

You don't want to do a daily water change unless it's really small you'll be taking away from your BB that your trying to grow try to find some refrigerated bacteria from a pet store or something it works super good if you need to get fish in pretty quickly
Very little of the bacteria is in the water column...water changes are good.

So how many of this bacteria can be transplanted on plants..... I.e. if I take a plant from a situated tank and put it in an non situated tank how much benifit would I get from it?

So how many of this bacteria can be transplanted on plants..... I.e. if I take a plant from a situated tank and put it in an non situated tank how much benifit would I get from it?
the bacteria adheres to almost all surfaces. Most of it is in the filter media. Putting in plants, decor, or substrate will help cycle your tank, making the process faster. The trick is to monitor all levels and do the appropriate water changes when levels exceed safe levels.

Back
Top Bottom