Should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swmmnglessons

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was at Petsmart the other day and found a 55 gallon wooden black laquered stand on clearance for $56...guess somebody returned it or something cause it was open but all the pieces were there. I thought about buying it for my 20 high but thought it could leak because it wouldn't have the support on the sides. I know eventually I will get a 55 - just depends on funds available. Should I buy? I think I saw the same exact stand assembled at Petco for $249...

Most black laquered stands are made out of particle board. This has a tendency to swell and break apart after getting wet, being that the fish hobby is what it is, I try to stay away from particle board. You should be able to find a pine stand for under $120.0 or if your handy, you could make your own.

Oops, you brought a boo boo to my attention...it's not laquered, just painted black...hehe, i'm a dummy...it's definately not particle board

hang on

check to see the return policy and find a locale to check it for leaks - they aren't always visible

Back
Top Bottom