should I buy it? and heater size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laur94x

Aquarium Advice Freak
Seen a tank up for sale near me-
270 litres,
3ft3 long
2ft high
1.5ft wide
With internal filter, spare medias, lights and spare bulbs and some rocks and plants.
£90. Shall I get it? To upgrade my 138 litre.how many gallons is 270 litres?I think I currently have about a 36 gallon, am I right?
Also it doesn't come with a heater, how many watts would I need and roughly what would that cost me?

That is same size as my tank I have a 300 watt heater cost £20 thats a good deal for that tank.

Ah only £20? That's much less than I thought :) so I'd only need a 300 watt? Just waiting to find out if it comes with the stand/cupboard, its on one in the pictures so I hope so. What do you have in your 270 litre?

At would be a bargain if you got stand aswel I have got a plec 4 neon tetras 2 mollys a platy 3 kribensis 2 gouramis and 3 rainbow sharks at moment but away to get rid of them as there very aggresive when there bigger and cant put any other fish n tank at moment because of them

Yeah would be brilliant if I could get the stand too. Even without its a bargain. Problem is I probably cant get it if it doesn't come with a stand :( Doesn't seem very long for 270 litres though? :S

Ahh rainbow sharks are beautiful but I've heard they can be very aggressive :( I really want roseline sharks (not supposed to be as aggressive) but my 138 litre is too small, wonder if I could have them in a 270?

Oh ok mines is 3 and a half feet long if at helps am not good with measurments lol

Ah okay so almost the same :) haha neither am I, the advert says 101cms I think which google says is 3.3ft lol

Just checkt in its a bit bigger than mine so should be ok to keep shark in its quite long lol

Well it does come with a stand and also a heater now too since she's found it!
She said she's selling on a first come first serve basis and has a few people interested. I want it! Lol

Go get it! That's a good offer for all the kit and the stand too. I brought a 100ltr tank with the stand and bits for £60 at the weekend 2nd hand

Thanks :D I'm definitely going to try and get it. Just hope no one is going to get it before me!

Back
Top Bottom