should i buy, what do you think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Titus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
125 gal all-glass
Solid oak Oceanic stand
glass tops, single tube flourescents (2 strips)
350 mag canister, 200 unknown canister, dual flow HOB filter.
misc parts and accessories.
asking 400

Sounds like he may deal a bit, gonna look at it on sunday, would like input by sunday morning. Obviously filters gonna have to go, want an XP3 or a cascade 1000/1500.

appreciate the help,

thanks
joe

Sounds like a good deal to me. Around here we'd jump at pricing like that. Maybe where you are there are better deals to be had, but IMO a good deal.

Zagz said:
Sounds like a good deal to me. Around here we'd jump at pricing like that. Maybe where you are there are better deals to be had, but IMO a good deal.

Move to Calgary...we have great deals like that all the time here (plus we have no PST, gas is 10% less, and we get prosperity bonus cheques from our provincial government....and Calgary is lousy with great aquartium shops). :D

I would go for it, that is an excellent deal, especially considering the oak stand (and Oceanic makes good stands).

Oceanic is the Cadillac of aquariums Joe. IMO that's a great price. Just to give you an idea, I paid $525 for 125g (Perfecto), which included a wood stand, canopy and cheapo lights.

Toirtis said:
Zagz said:

Move to Calgary...we have great deals like that all the time here (plus we have no PST, gas is 10% less, and we get prosperity bonus cheques from our provincial government....and Calgary is lousy with great aquartium shops). :D

I would go for it, that is an excellent deal, especially considering the oak stand (and Oceanic makes good stands).

For the fish I'd love to live there. But alas I run a family owned business that is celebrating it's 60th year. Can't move that. LOL

thanks for the help gonna go look at it shortly... had a bad move yesterday and lost the 29gal, satelite cracked the edge of the tank and its toast. all the poor fish are stuffed into the 50 for timebeing. That 125 would free up some space... :)

ok so i looked at it. hmm...
Tank looks great, left the gravel wet to preserve the bio but no idea how long its been sitting, would probably wash that to be sure.
Filters look like crap, except maybe the mag 350. Proly just sell all 3 of them.
Stand is some pine jobby that looks home made by a moderately skilled woodworker.
one of the 3 glass lids is cracked in the back under the light. g/f works in a frame shop and can get glass to fix that i guess.
other than that, the tank looks very good. The price on the other hand, still seems high to me. let me know if i am just talking myself out of it, or if i have some reasonable points. Thanks again.

If the stand is not an Oceanic oak, and with the other observations you have made, I would offer $200....personally, I would be a bit ticked if I had gone to see what you first described, then saw what you have just now described.

ok so im not nuts in thinking that the deal is a bit on the sour side.

He is not flexible on the price right now, i had said that i wasnt going to use any of his filters anyway and didnt care to include them in the price, so i said maybe 300, but when u open the door to the stand, it doesnt even have a bottom, so your canister/sump would be on the carpet... I dont dig that at all. I am thinking that if it hasnt sold in a month, i will tell him to call me and i will give him 200-250 tops. Thanks for the help on this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom