Should I get a clown loach??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

switchfoot

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I"m thinking of getting a clown loach for my 10 gallon tank...is that a good idea? I have 5 tiger barbs, a bala shark, a blueberry tetra and one algea eater already in there. I'm wondering if they would be compatible w/ the clown loach...or would another loach be a better idea...if i get one clown loach...do they do better if there are more then one or are they a solo fish? any help would be greatly appreciated

clown loaches get to be about a foot long. AND they like to be in groups. i've had 4 for about eight months and they are already 4-5" long--and not just long--FAT too.

your bala shark can grow up to 13". and your algae eater--if he's a chinese algae eater will also get up to 10". i believe that tiger barbs get to about 2.5" each. all in all, you are way overstocked and really shouldn't add any more fish. are you planning to upgrade to a larger tank at any point? if you want to keep the fish you have, you will have to.

as for loaches there a few species that stay smaller than clowns, but they still get up to 3". but i would really advise you NOT to put any more fish in your tank. and do frequent pwcs.

hey mts isn't SUCH a bad thing :) (get more tanks!)

hth

Back
Top Bottom