Should i Get another one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had two goldfish in a 20g tank. The one died and i am now left with one about 3-4" without tail. Its seems like it has been lonely sometimes when i happen to look over. I was wondering if i should get another one for it? I was thinking if its ok to get just another fan-tailed goldfish, or get a black moor. I have an AC 150, and am hoping to upgrade it to an ac200 soon.

You probably could get another one, but do you know why the one died? If it was due to water quality problems, or a cycle, disease, or whatever I would make sure the conditions are corrected now and the water is stable.

No i never figured out why the other one died. Sorry about the tail thing too, i just meant its body was about 4 inches its tail is probably like another 1-2"s onto that.

If sans tail just means body size then yes lol. He still has all of his tail. :D

Yeah if i were to get another one i would only get one because i know you should only keep 1 fancy per 10g of water. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Actually, that tank has enough in it already. GF are extremely high waste producers. I would test your water regularly. Actually, most long-term GF keepers change 90% of their water weekly, because of that. Fish do not get lonely--they are not people. How about a snail or 2?

The goldfish I ahve eats snails I think. There have been a few that i spotted in there but they are never there at any other time.

Back
Top Bottom