Should I get some GBRs ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnam

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My lfs finaly got in some beautiful GBRs and I would really like to purchase them. I am in need of a center piece A few questions (as always TIA!!)

1. Compatibility,
current tank params and stock
55 gallon planted
CO2
PH 7.5
10 glowlight tetras
5 black fin tetras
5 long fin danios/minnows
3 neon tetras
4-5 ottos
5-7 Guppies (being moved back to the 29 if i get the GBRs)
1 big ol common pleco.
snails galore!!

2. Sexing the fish at the LFS they look like juveniles, and the number of them to buy (the lfs only has 4)

3. Care and any other reliable resources to research them my self...

Thank you again!

The Rams should do fine in your tank. I would remove the guppies, not for compatibility problems but to lower the number of inhabitants.

The rams will do fine. Sexing can be hard females have pink bellys. You could get 6 and let them pair up on their own. LFS stock can be poor so be forewarned. They prefer warmer water say 82F or so.

Buy up all the LFS has! Check the sticky in the cichlid discussion forum for cichlid related sites to get more information.

Thank you! I was reading that, my tank is kept toasty at 80F I had an ich breakout when i moved my current stock from the 29 to the 55 stress related i am sure. So I used the heat method(the best method IMO) and no more ich i have been decreasing the temp slowly since then its at 80 so i may just keep it there.

Side not i have heard that with certain tetra breeds prolonged temps above 80 can decrease life span?

Well I will be buying them hopefully tonight I may ask the LFS to hold them they just came in and I dont know the status of thier health.

Back
Top Bottom