Should I get these tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Opinions needed, I have the opportunity to pick up 5 10gal with lights, hoods, heaters, and sponge filters. Should I pick them up?

I would since they have equipment included. Remember to factor in the cost of an air pump that will run multiple tanks. :)

I'd say go for it, you never know what you're going to find at a fish swap. ;)

One thing to keep in mind as you start aquiring more tanks, is that everyone has an individual tolerance limit for the number of aquariums they can/are willing to keep. In other words, there is a limit, and once you hit that limit, fishkeeping is no longer fun anymore. Instead it becomes a chore that has to be done. Once people hit that limit, they usually either recognize it, admit it and back off on the number of tanks they are keeping, or they fail to recognize it and eventually leave the hobby because it isn't fun anymore.

Not saying that these are going to put you there. Just throwing the caution out there.

One thing to keep in mind as you start aquiring more tanks, is that everyone has an individual tolerance limit for the number of aquariums they can/are willing to keep. In other words, there is a limit, and once you hit that limit, fishkeeping is no longer fun anymore. Instead it becomes a chore that has to be done. Once people hit that limit, they usually either recognize it, admit it and back off on the number of tanks they are keeping, or they fail to recognize it and eventually leave the hobby because it isn't fun anymore.

Not saying that these are going to put you there. Just throwing the caution out there.

I agree with this completely. I think I had passed that limit without realizing it and sometimes it seems like a chore to take care of all of my fish. A lot of weeks I don't want to do anything besides the water changes. I thought about reducing my tanks but I can't bear to get rid of any of my fish.

If you can sell those tanks and get a bigger one with the money, it,s easier to do a PWC with one large tank than with five little ones. There are a lot of fish you can get for a bigger tank that won't be happy in a small tank, but it's easy to sell ten gallon tanks on Craig's list because all newbies to the hobby discover they need a ten gallon for a quarantine tank LOL.

Back
Top Bottom