Should I get this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could buy it, I would buy off craigslist. So you got that right, but I know in my area I can get much better prices especially or a tank that size!

I bought my stand and hood for a 55 gallon off of Craigslist. Personally I would buy my equipment new and if you buy the tank make sure it isn't leaky.

Good Luck!! ?

$175 is a rip off you can get a 55 with stand for less than that off craigslist here in Des Moines

It's OBO too... I will just wait until I have enough money to get a new stand and light and filter and everything during another $/gallon sale. By the way, it's going on right now. Here in DM

For what its worth, I agree that waiting for either a cheaper used one or a new one on sale would be good. $175 is pretty steap for a used 40g IMO. I know that if you bought every single piece new it would cost more than that, but used equipment can be sketchy because you never know how well the previous owner treated it. JMO. That one looks to be in rather rough shape for that price.

I wouldn't I got my 55G tank with starter kit stuff + stand for 100$. I was lucky most around 150$. (having to do cleaning) I say not good price .

Back
Top Bottom