Show fish for a 10 gallon tank. Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MABJ

Aquarium Advice Addict
An angelfish or two blue rams? Any ideas?

Hmm several sources online say a 5 gallon is appropriate for one German ram if kept properly and a 10 gallon is appropriate for a single angelfish. Are they wrong? And why?

I'm open to any suggestions :p

rams arent suitable for a ten gallon, they just need more room. and angel fish will out grow it. try something like a king betta, or a dwarf gourami.

My lfs has a smaller breed of angelfish. They say they don't get as big as regular angelfish.

Interesting about the rams. What about a single ram

wow theyre wrong ok let me tell you why.
1-angelfish-get to 12 inches i think the tank might be 12 inches high but that leaves no swimming room.
1.blue rams get 3 inches but are very active..
suggestion:
dwarf gourami-different colors beutiful and great for a 10 gallon (only keep one can be aggressive to other gouramis and betta fish)
betta-can only be one betta per tank unless female can have a serority of like 5 is what i saw once, but if you get male you have to have a backup plan just in case your fish becomes aggressive.
that's all i can think of

Or even a regular male Betta. They're really pretty, and they are so cute when they beg for food. Some people even pet their bettas.

I do love bettas and keep two, but I'm looking for something different I think. I don't particularly like gouramais for some reason. Good info about the angels though!

Yeah, I know not of any smaller 'breed' of angel. How about a Flag fish? They're real good at grabbing attention.

kind of off topic but does anybody think that fish store could special order me longfin german blue rams the girl said she could order me the regular ones but i didnt know about the long fin ones? but anyway back on topic why dont you do a schoolinh fish instead like guppies, or rsbora bridgetta theyre all pretty colorful.

Long fins are real hard to find. and they can cost a pretty penny, when you do find them.

Plus shipping, haha. Mortality rate for them is real low.

Yeah, it's probably easiest/cheapest. But the long fins are gorgeous.

I might go a school. I'm just dreaming up a tank ATM tho. Walmart misled me into thinking my puffer fish would do great in a freshwater 2.5 gal. So I upgraded her to a 5 gal brackish after I joined a month ago. I know she needs a bigger tank, but I've got 5 shrimp, proper filtration and a jungle of fake plants for her to play in. It saddens me, but I have to keep her in those confined conditions. It's better than her grave at walmart.

Uh..sounds like your puffer desperately needs the 10 gal...unless you're getting it an even bigger one like, right away. JMO.

y not put your puffer in the 10 and try to put some other brackish fish in there if you had a 20 id say mollies but 10 is too small for mollies

I know what she needs, but it physically can't happen. I was fooled when I bought her and now I adjusted the best I could. I really wish I could haul a 10g back and forth to college. Not possible though. I make the best home for her with what I have

Back
Top Bottom