showcase fish for a 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
tank still cycling..right now have 5 zebra danios and a bristlenose pleco... i plan on getting a few more danios, maybe 5 more for a total of 10 once tank cycles.. but im wondering what would be a good showcase fish in my tank? i was thinking of maybe a dwarf qourami or two? i like the color of them...any other suggestions? i like colorful fish....in fact i wish i could stick one or two yellow lab cichlids in the tank but i know its too small of a tank.... so instead of the yellow lab that i really want im trying to figure out another decent showcase fish... if i do decide on the dwarf gouramis, can i do 2? or are they better alone? thank you

a dwarf gourami would be fine in that size tank but it think you should only do 1 because they might fight over territory. I am not sure about that though so you may want to wait for someone else to answer. Also if you want you may be able to do an angelfish besides a dwarf gourami, i have one in my 36 gallon and hes great.

You could do a Red or Gold Severum. Or an angel. The dwarfs should be kept alone, but sometime 2 will work out. Rainbow Cichlids could work too. Or instead of a big centerpiece you could do a couple german blue rams, and a dwarf, and even another school of small tetras.

I have a few different schools in my 29g, but the one thing I didn't expect was just how brilliant and active a school of Rummynose tetras were. They quickly became my favorite, and they are the ones that everyone comments on when they see the tank.

You could keep 2 rams in a 29g, there are different types of rams so do a search on google and see what you like, I'm partial to German blues and electric blues.

I have a Dwarf Gourami in QT right now to be the center piece in my 30 with four Cories, a Clown Pleco, and eventually 10 neons.

Back
Top Bottom