Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep ghosts in mine with a betta, tetras, and cories. The shrimp were harassed by the betta at first but they're big and in no danger of being munched. She left them alone after several days and after a week or so they started venturing off the driftwood and around the tank.

Ok thanks. How many glass shrimp do you think i should start with in a 10g (not saying im going to get glass shrimp {possibility though} just wonderin). Do you think i could 10-12 RCS in a 1g tank till they are ready to be put in the 10g with my fish?

Glass/ghost shrimp have slow breeding rates. If you are looking for a fast breeding, colorful, and algae eating shrimp then you have everything you will ever want with red cherry shrimp, yellow shrimp, snowball shrimp, or blue pearl shrimp. All of those are excellent algae eaters unlike ghost shrimp which contrary to popular belief are mostly scavengers rather than algae eaters. You could keep 24 or more ghost shrimp in a 10g tank, I put about that many in my 10g by themselves.

I'd start with 10-20 RCS and yes, you could easily keep them in a 1g tank/jar/milk jug until they are large enough to go into the 10g. Depending on the temp of your house you most likely won't need a heater for the tank as they will do fine in temps of mid 50's to mid 80's or more. I keep mind at 78-82. I'd load the tank with Java moss for them to pick at.

ummm im probably late but if you want to put them with other fish that arnt tiny then id get ghost shrimp,they MIGHT get eaten or harrased but make shore you have some cover,javamoss works the best.rcs are my favourite cause once you buy a couple they breed like crazy lol.dont give shrimp anything that has copper in them or it will kill them

Back
Top Bottom