Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
Where can I get some shrimp? I don't see them I'm PetSmart.

Google local fish stores or check for online sellers.good sites are liveaquaria.com, eliteinverts.com, aquabid.com are all good, and there's always eBay and amazon.

What type of shrimp are you looking for? Petsmart only offers ghosts. Petco may offer ghosts, bamboo, and/or amano. And LFS's should carry atleast ghosts and red cherries.
If you want anything more "rare" than those you'll likely have to order from aquabid or an online retailer

+1 with what's been said

Forget Pet-smart, with them it's pretty much Ghost Shrimp (unless that's what you want). Petco ... From what I've seen, Bamboo and or Ghosts as was mentioned. Smaller LFS's may also carry RCS's but not much else.

Your best bet is to order online from members or the websites mentioned. I ordered some Tiger Shrimp from AlphaProBreeders.

I'm just looking for something to keep my works tank clean. My algae eater is not doing nothing but hiding. There is an angle fish in the tank. Would that eat the shrimp? It's a 55 G. Tank

I'm just looking for something to keep my works tank clean. My algae eater is not doing nothing but hiding. There is an angle fish in the tank. Would that eat the shrimp? It's a 55 G. Tank

Instead of adding animals to clean your tank, you could aim to find the problem the tank is having. Algae is from an unbalance somewhere, usually in excessive lighting or nutrients. How powerful are your lights, and how long do you run them?

Instead of adding animals to clean your tank, you could aim to find the problem the tank is having. Algae is from an unbalance somewhere, usually in excessive lighting or nutrients. How powerful are your lights, and how long do you run them?

+1 I'm not a fan of buying a fish only to do a job for me or allow me to skimp on something else.

I would look into your lighting schedule and water parameters, nitrates, phosphates, all that. It's not your algae eaters fault, most of them only eat algae as juveniles and need a proper diet as they mature.

The only pleco I know of that eats algae it's entire life is the clown pleco, and even the clown only supplements algae with driftwood. My clown pleco still doesn't even put a dent in my algae when I get occasional algae from lighting, plants and nutrient imbalances

get some otos, i barely feed them algae wafers nowadays when they just munch off the algae in my tank. in fact, the last time i gave them wafers was about two month s ago

I do t know how long the light is on cuz jdk if the lady at night turns it off. The tank is at my work. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Once it discovers how delicious shrimp are, then your angle will exterminate them.

You/your work could get a timer for the light. The cheap ones work just fine, they just need to be adjusted from time to time. It will dramatically help with algae

Back
Top Bottom