Shrimp???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambinojake

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i currently have a cycled 10 gallon for my baby convicts once i feel it is time for my pair to breed again, i ordered sand and a filter and some fake plants and they should be here monday. I was wondering if it would be okay to keep shrimp in the tank with the convict fry. I wasnt thinking anything special. It is a 10 gallon tank that someone gave me for free and i just wanted to know, if it is okay to do this, how many shrimp could i have??? Thanks in advance!

You could do some RCS fairly easily in that setup. I used to keep some with my guppy fry when I was breeding them.

I would just start with 4-5 of them.

Thanks. But when i said nothing to special i was really thinking nothing special (ghost shrimp, my LFS sells them at $1.50 for 10) how many ghost shrimp in a 10 gallon???

*shrug* I don't really find RCS to be anything special :)

If RCS aren't your thing then you could try some wild type neocardinia. You should be able to buy those for $.25 - $.50 a piece. They are the same shrimp as the RCS but havent been bred for the color.

I would stick to those over ghost shrimp because the ghosts could possibly eat the fry while the neocardinia wouldn't touch them.

I really want to stick to ghost shrimp, how many could i have in there???

My ghost shrimp eat goldfish flakes... I heard they like lettuce too...

Back
Top Bottom