Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking about getting a shrimp for my tank but was unsure of if it was worth it. How do people feel about shrimp? Are there benefits to them as opposed to bottom feeders like catfish

I was thinking about getting a shrimp for my tank but was unsure of if it was worth it. How do people feel about shrimp? Are there benefits to them as opposed to bottom feeders like catfish

I like shrimp for their activity level. They bring a lot of aesthetics to a tank imo.

Cleaning wise; they do eat everything from dead fish to left over food, that being said my filters and a circulation pump grab a lot more.

Also make sure you pick a shrimp that won't fit in any fish in your tanks mouth.

I like shrimp for their activity level. They bring a lot of aesthetics to a tank imo.

Cleaning wise; they do eat everything from dead fish to left over food, that being said my filters and a circulation pump grab a lot more.

Also make sure you pick a shrimp that won't fit in any fish in your tanks mouth.

Good points I was just trying to figure out if I rather get shrimp or some type of catfish. Also not to sure if any shrimp would get along with my GBR even though he's really tiny

I keep Amano shrimp with my Bolivian ram, corys, diamond tetras and have never lost any.

Back
Top Bottom