shrimp and barbs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmg07

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i have a 15 gal with medium sized albino and regular tiger barbs with a cory plus 2 kuli loaches .[btw i have 5 barbs total] I really wanted some shrimp but i think that the tiger barbs might eat them but im not sure. I was planning on geting 3 red cherry shrimp and 3 ghost shrimp. Thanks please tell me if the barbs will eat them if so i wont get them. Also if the khulis will bother them then ill probally just put some small snails in there for them

Ive never had problems with losing ghost shrimp, but your cherries wont last the night. expensive fish food

A wise man once said "if a shrimp can fit in a fish's mouth, it will eventually end up there."

for a minute I though this would be the same exact deal I have; except mine are wimpy little cherry barbs and not your active, aggressive tigers. I added a few RCS yesterday to my barb tank; the one male I had in the bag appears to be gone already; he was small and probably just molted. The cherry barbs haven't touched the females... yet....

Back
Top Bottom